Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Playing with Blocks

Besides finding new friends through swapping blocks, I enjoy trying new patterns that I might not otherwise make on my own.
 This Rolling Diamond block is one I've seen around Blogland and admired. Since making this one for Debbie in the Mid-Century Modern Bee, I've come up with my own idea for using it in a quilt one day. Here's Debbie's inspiration. You can find directions to make your own block here.
Cindy chose a favorite block of mine when she was the Queen Bee in March. She picked solids and text prints for her Spider Block. My own spider block quilt grew a little last week as Vicki and I sewed for several days at her cabin in Ouray, Colorado. Here's the tutorial that Cindy decided to use.
Finally, I'm putting the finishing touches on my twelve inch block, aka art quilt, for the Four in Art Bee
We will be revealing our quilts, all made around the topic of Urban Landmarks, on May 1. I hope that you will stop back by for a lookie loo!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I'll be back for the four-in-art reveal tomorrow! Your Rolling Diamond is gorgeous! And I am very curious to know your idea for using it......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trying new blocks is a lot of the fun of block swaps. I agree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Rolling Diamond block and the fabric in the middle of the strings is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how your Rolling Diamonds turned out. Great fabric choices. Look forward to seeing your art quilt tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you're having fun!

    ReplyDelete