Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Suzy's Sack

A few weeks ago, while shopping with my friend, Linda, we ran across this cute pattern by This and That. We both snatched it up, thinking it the perfect size to carry keys and phone.
 Yesterday, I finally got around to trying out the clever pattern. It assembled quickly even though I had a little problem deciphering some of the directions. A few more clear illustrations would have probably helped this visual learner. The next bag will go super fast though!
 All in all, I recommend the little pattern. If you own it and haven't made it yet, give it a try.  A couple of hints: Next time, I'll interface the top binding piece. Also, I used a 7 inch zipper rather than the suggested 9 inch zipper and found it to be the perfect size.
Isn't it just the cutest thing!

16 comments:

  1. That is adorable Carla and would make a great little gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute- I love the unusual design. So much nicer than a regular zipper pouch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I definitely need to find that pattern, they would be perfect for teacher and girl guide leader gifts for Christmas next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It IS just the cutest thing! Oh how I want to make it! But other projects have priority. Sorry to know it isn't clearly written, but thanks for figuring out - before I get to it - that I should add interfacing to the top. Can't wait to make mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! I think I purchased this pattern when I was in Minnesota this summer. I should try to find it and make it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Started working on mine since your post. It's not that more visuals are needed. This is isn't written clearly! I'm stumped as to which direction and where to pin the handle to the bag. In my opinion, Suzy's Sack needs a re-write.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had this pattern for a few years. I am still stumped with the assembly. I have tried twice, now with two different assembly and still can’t get any further than tucking the sides. Was really hoping to contact her for tutorial or better pictures with step by step.... I love it and want to do it right!!

      Delete
  7. I think it's adorable. I also like the Christmas hankie, reminds me I should pull mine out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is very cute. I'm a sucker for weensy purses that hold just a thing or two, and that can be made in bright colors. And this fits the bill on all scores!

    I'm impressed that you got it made so quickly!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm ready to put this together, but I am weirded out by the instructions, regarding the zipper. This pattern def needs a rewrite...I've been sewing for 40 years and having a hard time following the instructions. I was going to go off on my own, but everything is cut and I don't want to mess things up. Can you give any advice to putting the zipper in easier than suggested? THanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also thought the directions could have been a little clearer, which is why I won't buy a pattern written by them again. I agree, 7" zipper is plenty, and the top binding needs interfacing. I do love the look of it! I wish someone had done a tutorial on it, but I can't find one.

    ReplyDelete