Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Circle Within Circle

Do you own this book? It's a great one....I've looked though it sooooo many times, but not made anything much from it. That happens to me a lot sometimes!
 For the last month or so, I've been camping out on this page quite a bit....
 Finally, I took the plunge and picked some fabrics to try this fabulous,
 but difficult looking block....
 Turns out, it wasn't hard at all! And, I only had two little places to unstitch and redo where there was a tiny tuck on the back side.
 I'd love a whole scrappy quilt using this block!
These colors make me think of a refreshing swimming pool.
Maybe that's because we broke a 29 year heat record yesterday...
111 degrees at my house! Whew!

7 comments:

  1. Wow, it looks great! The whole circle thing is really drawing me lately.....hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fabulous and I am thinking of ocean breezes looking at it. Hope it cools down for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat, neat block! I like your color combination... as always, you choose prints extremely well. I've seen that book many times, but have passed over it. It's nice to see someone who's made a real block from it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carla! I love it! And I totally agree-looks just like a swimming pool! Great block, and neat looking book. I might have to look for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 111 that's hot even for Death Valley! (Soak your feet in cool water for a refreshing way to cool off quickly.) We have hundred degree days quite often in the mid of CA, but this year has been mild with only one day in the early 100s. So far so good.
    Love your circle within a circle. Kind of a drop in a cool pool showing the concentric circles.
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - that looks amazing! And the fabrics you've chosen are great, as usual :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have this book as well, and there are quite a few things I would like to make from it. Your block is fabulous! I'm becoming more and more interested in curvy sewing.

    ReplyDelete