Thursday, December 2, 2010

QADD

I'm pretty sure I have it.  You know, Quilting ADD. The main symptom is hopping from project to project...starting something, putting it aside for something else. Yep.  I have it.  Last night I unearthed this project from a basket in my sewing closet...........
 Since I made a note on the page for the pattern, I know exactly when I started this Christmas quilt.  January 2008.  I remember that the Christmas charms and jelly roll were on sale after the holiday and I fell for them. I cut out the blocks, sewed some and set it aside.  Then, before Christmas 2009 I sewed some more....set it aside.  Here's where I'm at in December 2010...the blocks are already all pieced!  I'd apparently even laid them out in a pleasing arrangement, because each row of blocks was pinned together and numbered. All I have to do is sew these together into rows, sew the rows together, quilt it and I've got a new Christmas quilt.  Keep your fingers crossed!



 I've had a request to see the back of the Peppermint Delight quilt, so I took a picture. This fun fabric in pink, red, green, grey-blue and white was the inspiration for the color scheme.
It's an Alexander Henry fabric. Isn't it delightful!

11 comments:

  1. That Alexander Henry xmas fabric is just so fun and cheerful! Love it, love it! I, too, suffer from QADD. Is there a cure? Or at least some meds I can take? And, to make matters worse, I have quilting anxiety - the fear of quilting a quilt. I'm a hot mess...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep I've definitely got an advanced case of QADD - haha! I love those Christmas fabrics... I have a project purchased in 2008 for a table runner from those exact fabrics... still in the packaging... sigh. And yet I'm still stalking some Moda Fruitcake and 12 Days of Christmas on etsy - help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I just adore Alexander Henry's Christmas fabrics. I don't think I've seen a single one that I disliked! And yes, I do suffer from QADD, big time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't all quilters suffer from QADD? I know I do! Isn't funn to find an old project that is almost done and finish it up? Like a little gift in itself. You blocks are great and the Alexander Henry fabric is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally have QADD.

    I just got a jelly roll of Merry and Bright, love it! And the back of your Peppermint Delight quilt is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes. That backing is delightful. I have Quilting ADD too. Your christmas quilt will be great whenever you decide to finish it!! There's no rush, is there??

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you on the QADD. I have a bad case and I don't even care. :)

    Love that backing. LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how I wish we were neighbors!!! can't wait to see it finished :).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, my goodness!! I, too, have QADD!!! AND, I have that little Christmas charm pack. I just pulled it out and was soooooo delighted to use it at last. I'm making little doll quilts for Iris, Harper and Wavy. You go, girl. You're my hero!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your revived - resuscitated! - quilt is fabulous. Love those colors. They're such a brave, modern combination. I've never tried anything like that.

    The back of your PD quilt is awesome. I see precisely why you picked the great color combo for the front of that one. You have a real eye for color, Carla.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am glad to know that I am not the only one out there with Quilting ADD!!! I have been quoted as saying "This is my finishing year. I can't buy any new projects!" Well ... that was 2009 and I can tell you I am still working on a Christmas quilt from 2008. So you aren't alone!!! There are so many things that get in the way of getting ALL the quilts I want to make!!!! Good luck finishing your Christmas quilt. My goal is to get mine done so I can hang it up for Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete