Thursday, December 30, 2010

Good-Bye December

Determined not to sew on Christmas blocks in January, I've been working the last few days to finish up the virtual bee blocks due by the end of the month.
Jessica gave us jade green and dark red fabric and asked for any Christmas themed block. I chose to make a couple of angels for this KCMQG Scrappy Bee. Can you spot the difference in the two blocks (other than the obvious color choices)?
Tammy's theme for the Nittany Block Bee is trees....Christmas trees, to be exact. She sent grey Kona background and some pieces of various green fabrics and a red, inviting us to add some from our own stashes to add variety to her project.
A couple of little redbirds somehow managed to join the snowy scene. I thought they added a little Christmas cheer, don't you! With December coming to a close, I'll also be saying a sad goodbye to the Nittany Block Party. I've made some good blogging friends as a result of participating in this virtual bee over the last year. If you haven't tried swapping blocks with other online quilters.....2011 might be a great year to begin!
 These beautiful blocks were all  made for me by the members of the Nittany Bee during my month last March. I have big plans to get these lovelies all set together by spring.
2011, I'm looking forward to lots of sewing fun!

5 comments:

  1. how do you find these bees? i want to join one SO badly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers for lots of fun sewing in 2011! Your bee blocks are lovely. This is a great way to share the fun...
    ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your little red birds with the trees - but LOVE the selvage ornaments! That was a fabulous idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those trees are amazing! And your Nittany Bee blocks are beautiful. I can't wait to see them all put together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved my trees! Thanks so much for being part of my first online bee. I hope 2011 brings many blessings. I'll be hopping in and out to see what beautiful things you create in the new year!

    ReplyDelete