Thursday, March 18, 2010

Sewing for Little Girls


Oh my, do I love to sew for little girls!  Look at this darling thing created for my little red-headed grand-daughter, Lula. It only took a few hours to make using this clever pattern from Vanilla House. The pattern contains sizes 1 to 6 and includes a dolly dress to match.  I have two other little sweeties who will need a dress also, I'm thinking!
I got a "fabric fix" using Robert Kauffman Dill Blossom in aqua and coral.  There are no pattern pieces to pin and cut around as all the parts can be cut with your rotary cutter and ruler.  The size 2 used less than a yard each of both fabrics, making it an inexpensive project with a classy boutique look!

Here's Lula trying on the dress over her shirt.....it's a little big, but she will grow into it soon!


Love those socks!







This is the quilt behind the dress in the first picture.  It shouts SPRING! don't you think!  I made this scrap quilt using a tutorial from Red Pepper Quilts.  I adore all the white and how it sets off the fruity colors of the fabrics.  The tutorial is easy to follow and very well done.  You will probably want to make one too when you see how easy it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment